How to change your account password
If you already have thought a good password for your account (with numbers and letters in it that noone can guess), you can skip the following step:
Choosing a good password
If you don't know how to make a good password, try this example to make a good password:
- Think of a nice sentence (not this one!):
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
- Choose the first letter of all the words in that sentence:
All The World's A Stage, And All The Men And Women Merely Players.
- Use them in the same order for your new password (for Bob):
- Add some numbers at the end (not these numbers! make your own password):
Changing your password
- Go to http://stendhalgame.org and click 'Login' which is in the box called 'My Account' on the right under the Downloads button.
- Enter your stendhal username and old password.
- Wait 5 seconds while you are redirected to the main page.
- Look again to the 'My Account' box and you should see that you are logged in, and you will see options to 'Change Password' and to 'Logout'.
- Select 'Change Password'. You will be asked to enter your old password and also your new password (twice, to check you typed it correctly).
This will change your password in game. If you had saved any login profiles you should change them to have the new password.
Do not share your new password even with your most intimate friends: you never know if that can be the ending of a beautiful friendship.