Player Resistance & Status
- Player has a keyed slot (status_resistance(s)) where status can be added/removed.
- "key" is status name and "value" is the resistance value (0-100 or 0.0-1.0).
- Creature has keyed status slot (status_attack) for attacks.
- "key" is status name and "value" is probability of status being applied to player.
- Player's resistance value is applied to creature's status probability during attack.
- Player has a second keyed slot (status) that carries the current statuses of the player.
- "key" is status name and "value" is duration of status.
- Each turn the key is checked and resulting action applied.
- Slots should be saved to the database so status and resistance are not lost at logout.
Creature Resistance & Status
- The same can be applied reversed. Players can have "attack" slots and creatures "resistance".
- Allows players to inflict status effects on creatures.
With multiple status effects it would be a good idea to rework how statuses are indicated to the player. Too many icons overlaying the character sprite could be problematic. It might be a good idea to only show icons in the area of the client dedicated to stats. Or icons could be shown in a corner of the client display area.