Stendhal Quest Ideas/Get Your Diving Licence
This quest is about players getting the ability to dive and earn the necessary equipment.
The following existing or new NPCs participate in the quest
- Diving equipment
- 100 XP
- 5 Karma
- The player talks to NPC about an underwater area and wants to visit that area. To visit that area the player needs a license and scuba gear.
- NPC asks a number of questions about diving
- Player answers questions
- Player brings resources needed to finish equipment
- If all questions were answered correctly the player gets the license to dive and scuba gear
What are the NPCs going to say?
Player has not done quest yet (optional depends on current behaviour):
- Player: Hi
- NPC: Hi Player, I am Faiumoni's one and only teacher for diving. If you want to explore the wonderful world below the sea you need a #license and #scuba #gear.
- Player: license (or task, quest etc.)
- NPC: Do you want to get the diving license?
- Player: scuba
- Player: scuba gear
- Player: gear
- NPC: You need scuba gear to explore the beautiful world below the sea.
Player accepts quest:
- Player: yes
- NPC: If you want to have the diving license you need to answer some #questions related to diving.
Player has accepted quest:
- Player: question, questions
- NPC: Choose from some random questions and hint to wikipedian to help searching for the correct answer.
- Player needs to answer some questions
Player has answered some questions:
- Player: licence
- NPC: You have passed the diving licence test. Now I just need some iron bars to craft your equipment ready.
Player rejects quest:
- Player: no
- NPC: Okay, don't hesitate to come back to me if you changed your mind.
Question and answers
1. "When nitrogen bubbles block blood flow in your body after a dive you are experiencing?", "decompression sickness"
2. "What percentage of air is oxygen? Just give me a number.", "21"
3. "What are waves caused by?", "wind"
4. "Most scuba diving injuries caused by fish and aquatic animals happen because?", "They are a afraid of you."
5. "You should never even consider diving if you currently have a cold because?", "you may not be able to equalize pressure"