Stendhal Quest Ideas/Money Rain
Go to a certain spot (in the center of an area indicated by the map decor), and say a magic spell [phrase]. Then many small items of money (totaling 100) randomly fall around you (in a radius of 10). Player can repeat every couple days.
Obtaining the secret phrase:
Find 3 npc's. Each knows a piece of the phrase. Nomyr Ahba mentions the rumor of this place and how to find these npc's (in general). He also mentions that one day he will seek this quest himself.
To make this quest more directed toward low level players, the set quantity should be low. So the effort of picking up many coins is worth it to newbies when they need a kick start, but not higher level players. Could do random sets between 1 and 5, until the 100 (or so) are dropped.
Karma affect: +/-20 money.
The trigger phrase is: <ask-chadf>
If the user says it "almost right", but not completly, several creatures appear instead.
The following existing or new NPCs participate in the quest
On successful completion the player shall get...
- first the players does this
- second the player is asked to do that
What are the NPCs going to say?
Discussion and Comments
I was thinking of a few modifications:
- Player starts it by an NPC and you must have had 2 (say?) other players with you saying they want to join in the game
- The coins dropped are not the gold money coins but the bronze ones say, which you can then exchange for money/potions somewhere
- Only the players who took part can exchange the special coins? (and once they exchanged they can't exchange again till they start it again - though i guess you can then still pick up coins belonging to other groups and exchange them later .. maybe this should just be made part of the fun)
- Kymara 22:18, 14 June 2010 (UTC)